Here at Revival Medi Spa we tailor treatments and home plans to combat your skin concerns. We have a variety of advanced treatments, and we understand each client has different needs. Because of this, we ensure we conduct a thorough skin diagnosis prior to starting any treatment.
What Is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a chronic skin disorder which causes inflammation in the skin, and can cause redness, flushing, visible blood vessels and acne-like breakouts. Often, those who are affected by Rosacea do not begin to experience symptoms until after the age of 30.
If you have rosacea, you’ll likely have redness on your face at some point. The redness may show up as flushing that lasts a little longer each time. Without treatment for rosacea, this redness can become permanent.
Skin that is affected by Rosacea is easily irritated due to an impaired skin barrier, can have a higher PH level, experience effected capillaries by increasing vascular endothelial overgrowth factor (VGEF), and those who suffer from it can experience increased temperature of the skin.
There are 4 types of Rosacea that people may experience:
- Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea (ETR) – This kind of Rosacea that causes redness and flushing of the skin, as well as visible blood vessels.
- Papulopustular Rosacea – This kind of Rosacea can cause redness and swelling of the skin as well as breakouts and bumps which resemble acne.
- Phymatous (also known as Rhinophyma) – This kind of Rosacea presents mostly on the nose as a thickening of the skin or bumpy texture.
- Ocular – This kind of Rosacea presents around or on the eye and eye area.
At Revival Medi Spa, we offer simple but effective treatments for all types of skin conditions, including rosacea.
Treatment options at Revival include:
- Advanced Specialised Facials
- LED therapy
- Elight Therapy
- Skin needling
- Specialised homecare products
What Are The Causes and Risk Factors of Rosacea?
The exact causes of Rosacea are still unknown. The following are common risk factors of Rosacea:
Sun Exposure and Weather
Changes in the weather, like strong winds, or a change in the humidity can cause a flare-up. Sun exposure and sun-damaged skin is associated with rosacea.
Alcohol and Tobacco
Alcohol and tobacco are commonly associated with the development of Rosacea.
Emotional factors, for example: stress, fear, anxiety, embarrassment, etc., may trigger blushing and aggravate rosacea.
Even though there is not a definitive cause of Rosacea, managing or avoiding the above risk factors can greatly reduce the chance of developing or aggravating the condition.